Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Old Projects: Ida Doll Details 2004

Ida was made for my friend and neighbor Lyn for Christmas. I finally came to the realization that sewing elastic into the waistbands of the slacks made no sense (since they would never be undressed), so Ida is the first doll to have a permanent waist band. Still taking the time to do things like lining her little fur stole though! I also discovered that hot-gluing the floral wire from the arms onto the body make the arms more stable.

I has a dickens of a time with the champagne glass for Ida (and her husband Murray). I bought some long bugle beads for the stem (which I of course assumed were plastic), went to cut them, and wouldn't you know - they were made of glass. Needless to say, there were little glass shards all over the carpet & ultimately in my foot.

   


<><><><><><><>   
The compact is made from Sculpey, & the little hinge (doubt that I'll ever try that again!) was out of wire. The powder is painted, and the mirror is aluminum foil.
  


Had to make 2 purses - the first was too small to hold Ida's hanky and compact.


No comments:

Post a Comment